Creating a post on WordPress is easy, but you need to know how to do it for it to be easy. Here I outline the basic process from scratch (I could have titled it ‘Creating a WordPress post for dummies’).
Note that the process of creating a page is almost similar.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the WordPress login page of your blog/website. Assuming that your blog/website is mugendi.com, your login page will be www.mugendi.com/wp-admin
- Once there, enter your username and your password.
- This will lead you to the dashboard which looks like the image below. This is your default landing page when you log in to the back end, and you need to familiarize yourself with the page.
- There are two ways to start creating a post while here.
1. You can click on the Posts link on the left side of the screen and click on New.
2. You can also click on the + New link at the top of the page and select Post.
- You will land on the page where you can start writing!
What do you think?